Welcome to my Isagenix review 2021!
Isagenix claims that by using its products, you can lose weight, boost your energy level and at the same time make money from it.
No matter what the Isagenix claims, the best way to corroborate its claim is to find the truth by reading honest reviews on the internet. That’s how you can avoid scams and make money online.
On one side I must congratulate you on doing your own due diligence about this product, and at the same time, I must say that I am not connected with Isagenix in any form.
I’m covering all of your questions;
- Is it really that easy for Isagenix to fulfill its promises?
- Is Isagenix a scam or a legit site?
- Is Isagenix a pyramid scheme?
That’s all I will cover in this Isagenix review.
So let’s start;
Product Name: Isagenix
Founder: John Anderson, Jim Coover, and Kathy Coover
Product Type: Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) company deals in weight loss products
Price: $29/year + Initial Product Order + Monthly Autoship
Best For: People who love MLM business
Summary: Isagenix is a legit MLM company and has been offering good products with the decent compensation plan. However, since then 2002, only 200 people have achieved their dreams. And 95% of people hadn’t earned sustainable income in 2015 as I have shown below. So, that’s why I don’t recommend this as an earning opportunity.
You can use its products and see the results yourself as there are mix claims out there from people who have used its products. But I warn you for prolonged use.
What is Isagenix?
Isagenix is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that was launched by John Anderson, Jim Coover, and Kathy Coover back in 2002.
At that time their mission was to produce the world’s greatest health & wellness products and income opportunity that mutually would change lives both physically and financially.
They all had previous success with with different multi-level marketing companies, and due to their efforts, Isagenix has earned billions in revenue, and today it has a presence in more than 19 countries across 5 continents.
If we look at other companies that also have hit the $1 billion revenue mark are;
Isagenix is a respected organization that exists to encourage and empower individuals, families, and communities to experience their best life through a journey of nutrition, health, and wellness.
Isagenix Product Line
Though the company deals in a variety of products but its core focus is on weight loss.
Let’s first look at the categories in which it deals;
- Weight Wellness – This category includes many products that will provide your body with necessary nutrition and also detoxify your body to help weight loss. The most popular products are 9-Day and 30-Day Weight Loss System.
- Performance – The Performance products provides a mix of nutrients, energy boosters, and high-quality protein for muscle growth and recovery. As a consequence, you will get a stronger, leaner physique, and optimal performance.
- Forms and maintains lean muscle
- Improves performance; helps you recover faster
- Kick-starts workouts
- Vitality + Well Being – A series of products that will make you lively and vibrant and also improve your;
- brain and sleep support system
- whole-body health
- nutritional cleansing system
- joint and pain relief system
- Essential Oils – 100 percent pure and responsibly sourced essential oils, the very best nature has to offer. For essential oils, I refer to much better-specialized companies which are doTerra and Young Living.
- Personal Care – This powerful skincare product line works synergistically to invigorate your complexion like never before. It will Hydrate, illuminate, and rejuvenate your skin.
- Continuously hydrates
- Protects, nourishes, and evens skin tone
Let’s look at their flagship products;
- 30 Day System – It is a 30 days step that is also famous as “starter pack” and is ideal for individuals who want to shed unwanted weight using a long-term, flexible program.
The system is a leading way to healthy weight loss and is also designed to help support the body’s natural detoxification systems.
- 30-Day System
- Experience consistent weight loss
- Improve muscle tone
- Satisfy cravings for unhealthy food
- 9-Day System – This safe and effective system supports and boosts your weight-loss efforts by gradually cleansing and nourishing your body.
- Improve muscle tone
- Boost weight loss
- Satisfy cravings for unhealthy food
So, Do The Products Work?
Honestly speaking, I haven’t used their products, but I can tell you there are mix reviews people are giving.
Even you must consider that their distributors are very active on the web and their sole purpose is to recruit other people. They are giving positive reviews to promote this company.
But, I have also seen people who have only used their products, and they get the desired results.
Their flagship products are very common among people, and the reason is simple; those products are delivering the results what they claim.
On the other hand, some people are complaining about not getting the desired results, and even some are talking about health issues after long usage.
This may be due to the addition of synthetic ingredients, preservatives, and unhealthy sweeteners.
In short, the best way to judge their products is to use them and see their results personally.
But one thing for sure, the products sell for premium prices. Because these MLM companies are also operating a compensation plan and they need to cover this cost from product prices.
That’s why I recommend you to do your due-diligence about using any product.
Moreover, there are trusted platforms out there that will lead you to step by step training for shedding unwanted weight.
So why not join those platforms that are more specialized and their sole purpose is on one thing, i.e., weight loss.
How to Make Money with Isagenix?
They use the slogan;
“Eat it, Love it, Share it”
Customers who choose to become independent sales representatives (“Associates”) have the opportunity to earn significant recurring income with Isagenix.
To become an Associate, you need to become a “Preferred Customer.” See the picture below to choose package;
You are suggested to opt for $29 package with Autoship to get eligible for additional discounts and rewards.
Only becoming a Preferred Customer isn’t enough to participate in the compensation plan.
However, you may earn “Product Introduction Reward Coupons” for referring others who purchase a qualifying system on their first order.
To participate in the compensation plan, you need to remain active by generating at least 100 Personal Volume (PV) per month, which is equivalent to around $150/month.
You can achieve that by either purchasing products for personal use or retail sales.
Isagenix Compensation Plan
Once you become an active Associate, you now can enroll other people to be part of their binary structure.
There are five ranks that an Isagenix Associate can achieve:
Advancement in rank occurs when you achieve the desired level of affiliates under you. Put it simply; you need to recruit people. Each rank comes with certain benefits and privileges.
Isagenix offers Associates several ways to earn money:
- Retail Profits – Associates can purchase products at discounted prices from the Isagenix and sell them to their customers at a retail price and earns the difference.
- Retail Direct Profits – This is earned when customers order products through Associates Isagenix website. The difference between the wholesale price and the retail price is yours.
- Product Introduction Bonuses (PIBS) – Commission earned when you bring new customers who buy Qualifying Packs.
- Team Bonuses – Paid to the Consultants and above ranks and earned based on the sales performance of your binary downline teams
- Executive Matching Team Bonuses – 10% matching team bonus paid to the executives on a weekly basis.
- Incentives and Promotions – Rank Advancement Bonuses and Leadership Pools bonuses shares from time to time who bring them, new customers.
I just show you the glimpse of their compensation plan. When you see their detailed compensation plan, it is more complex and lengthy.
In short, just like other MLM’s you are required to recruit new people and pay the high upfront fee along with the monthly autoship fee.
Most of the rewards are set for higher levels, and you need 8 to 10 years to reach those levels.
Pros & Cons:
1. Long History & Trusted Name
The Company has been working since 2002 and is one of trust in the network marketing business.
How many network companies you have seen that are operating so long? Very few!
Let’s look at the numbers;
- Presence in 19 countries comprising five continents
- Over 1000 employees
- Nearly $1 billion revenue in 2017
- Over 100 products in Health and Wellness niche
- 50+ full-time scientists on staff
Isagenix has been awarded many awards. Inc. 5000 identified Isagenix as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States for 8 continuous years. In 2014, Direct Selling New Global (DSNG) placed them 27th on a ranking of top companies.
The Company has also partnered with some of the leading universities and laboratories to conduct research.
So, these figures on their own show the popularity of Isagenix.
2. Weight Loss is Evergreen Niche
Weight loss is always an evergreen niche, and you will find new people looking for fitness solutions.
Let’s see the stats of this niche;
- $75 billion fitness industry and growing
- $171 billion health and wellness industry 2018
- $442 billion weight wellness industry expected by 2025
- $35 billion direct sales industry 2016
You can see the huge potential in this niche. It means you can find people and convince them about Isagenix products. This is how you can achieve a higher rank and earns more money.
2. BBB Accredited & Member of DSA
Isagenix is accredited with Better Business Bureau (BBB) having an A+ rating. This means the management has resolved all of their complaints and is complying with BBB formalities.
Also, the Company is a member of the Direct Selling Association.
All those things don’t show that the opportunity is worthwhile or not, but you consider them to see whether the Company is a scam or legit one.
2. Useful Training & Tools
The Company also provides training to its distributors and how they become successful. Co-founder Kathy Coover who has an experience of over 20 years, surely her presence in the company will make it more beneficial for the distributors.
There are also few tools provided in the back office easier for our distributors to sell to customers and simpler for customers to use products accurately, increasing the chances they will proceed to buy them.
2. Products Diversity
At the same time, this Company is dealing with five different niches. The diversity of the product line is also profitable for the company as well as for the distributors.
Instead of trying to convince people within one niche, Isagenix can appeal to people with a variety of needs, which makes the work of distributors much easier.
1. Recruiting, Recruiting and Recruiting
This is the way to work in MLM companies. Create your list of work and arrange meetings with them or invite them on lunch or dinner.
When you follow up, either they will not attend your call or don’t want to face you. Even some will change their path if they see you. That’s happened to me, my friend.
Not only you cost could add up very quickly and will make your budget deficit but also there is a chance of relation breakup with your colleagues.
Even associates aren’t trained that much, and they start doing on their own. There is also a communication gap from the up line to the downline.
Those who do the basics well and work as a team, they will build up their team pretty quickly. But those are very few leaders who have huge experience in network marketing.
2. Product Issues
Most of their products contain synthetic ingredients, preservatives, and unhealthy sweeteners. The prolonged use of those items can cause different diseases.
Moreover, their products aren’t approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The company admits this fact upfront.
One more issue I have seen that some people lose their weight too quickly. This is because the diet limits calories and rigorously controls what you eat and drink in the form of portion-controlled shakes and snacks.
Whether you’re trying meal replacement shakes or whole foods, if you plan a calorie deficit, you’re going to reduce weight.
3. Dubious Health Claims
If you look at our body system, it has already built in powerful detoxification organs like liver, kidneys, and lungs. Their role is to eliminate fat and flush out toxins.
Most of the Isagenix products claim detoxification from your body, but there is very little evidence to validate those claims.
So, you may feel positive effects after using Isagenix products, but it’s hard to justify if it’s really the effects of using its products or it’s just your body doing its job.
So, in the absence of any research, it is difficult for us to believe such claims.
4. Expensive Weight Loss Plans
Another issue of the Isagenix system is that it is costly.
Their best product “30-day weight loss package” costs $378.50. This does not cover the cost of the non-Isagenix meal that you take each day.
This is very costly for most people and not realistic to continue long-term.
5. Forced Autoship
When you join, you are asked to select Autoship package so that they will charge you each month. Whether you earn money or not, you are forced to pay that money each month.
If the products don’t work for you, it will also add up very quickly, and you need to maintain that inventory as well.
6. Limited Earning Potential
Despite the time and effort, you put in Isagenix, at the end you only have few bucks in your hand.
Though Isagenix is one of the trusted MLM sites in this industry, still this issue is with it.
If you see Isagenix’s income disclosure statement 2015, it will be clear to you that those who opt this Company as an income opportunity, among them;
- 43% had earned $702 as an annual income, i.e., $23.4/month
- 42% had earned $2,101 as an annual income, i.e., $175/month
- 7% had earned $ 6,972 as annual income, i.e., $ 581/month
- 5% had earned annual income of $15,363, i.e., $1280/month
So, it means in 2015 more than 97% of their distributors wasn’t able to earn a good income per month. Please remember that if you deduct monthly expenditures from this income, it will decline further.
Is Isagenix a Scam?
Is Isagenix a Scam? Isagenix is not a scam because it is a legitimate company that provides its customers real products along with good business opportunity.
Of course, it has upsides and downsides.
The Company offers some good products in the weight loss niche, and some people had achieved success through their 30 days weight loss plan.
Despite legitimate, I don’t recommend you to take it an income opportunity. You cannot expect many forms an MLM company. I have just shared with you the income disclosure statement of 2015.
Can Isagenix become your cash cow and provide you with the lifestyle that it promises? I wouldn’t think so, but that’s just my opinion.
There are cheaper and better options out there when it comes to making money online.
Is Isagenix a Pyramid Scheme?
Everyone thinks differently but what I believe about pyramid schemes are that;
- They don’t offer real products to sell. They often show you products to hide behind their pyramid structure, but it is the product quality that makes them apart from the legal MLM sites.
- If the money you make is dependent on the number of affiliates you hire and your sales to them, instead of your sales to people outside the plan who plan to use the products, it is a pyramid scheme.
Isagenix has more than 100 products only in weight loss, and wellness category and these are all real products.
Also, more than 85% of its distributors are solely relying on the products that they used every day.
Though Isagenix is a legit MLM company, I recommend you to put your concentration on your own online business from home rather than working for other companies.
Including Isagenix, MLM sites have very expensive items, and it gets difficult to sell to other people.
That’s where I recommend my favorite business model called, Affiliate marketing, which is the only method I recommend to make money online.
Let’s look at the reasons why I prefer affiliate marketing over MLM;
- Unlike Isagenix, you don’t have to recruit anyone to make money
- It gives you control and ownership that Isagenix doesn’t
- You don’t need to be involved in face to face marketing
- There is no restriction of promoting any product. You can promote any product you want.
- It’s Free to get started
Don’t put so much effort on Isagenix and other similar MLM businesses as they have a very poor success rate.
Moreover, such organizations can be closed anytime by the FTC as see the latest examples of MOBE and Digital Altitude.
So, I always prefer affiliate marketing to start your journey from home. I am a member of Wealthy Affiliate since 2015 which guides people how they can earn a full-time income from home using affiliate marketing.
What’s your thoughts on my Isagenix International review 2021 and what’s your opinion on, “Is Isagenix a Scam?”